Whether you’re prepping for holiday guests or prepping salads for lunches, homemade croutons are so simple to make and add a nice extra touch to dishes. They also happen to be a really tasty snack!
These Sprouted Hern Croutons are made with my FAVORITE bread, the Sprouted Sourdough by Alvarado Street Bakery.
Total Prep Time 10 min
Total Cook Time 20 min
- ½ loaf of Alvarado St. Bakery Sprouted Sourdough Bread
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 4 TBSP of butter or vegan butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 TBSP fresh oregano, minced
- 1 TBSP grated parmesan, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice a ½ loaf of Alvarado St. Bakery Sprouted Sourdough Bread into ½ inch cubes and spread out evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Mince your fresh herbs.
- Combine melted butter, oil, salt, pepper and herbs in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread. Use your hands to make sure each piece of bread is well-coated.
- Bake croutons for 10 min. Remove from oven and flip pieces over, then bake for another 10 min.
- Serve immediately. Wait for croutons to cool before storing.