This was my first attempt at bread pudding, but as soon, as I saw Alvarado Street Bakery’s Cinnamon Raisin Bread at the grocery store, I knew what I had to make!
I don’t love sweet foods, so I didn’t add a whole lot of sweetness to this recipe, but if you like a sweeter dessert, I recommend tossing your berries in a little sugar.
Blueberry Bread Pudding
Prep Time 15 min
Bake Time 40 min
½ loaf of Alvarado Street Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread
1 ½ cups of almond milk
½ cup of maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of frozen blueberries
¼ tsp salt
- Grease a square baking pan and preheat oven to 375.
- Cut bread slices into half-inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium-size bowl, whisk eggs, milk, maple syrup, salt, and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture over bread and toss well. Make sure the bread is well coated and soaked. Let it sit for about 10 min to make sure it’s fully saturated.
- Rinse your frozen berries and let them dry on a paper towel.
- Spread the berries out evenly on the bottom of the pan and top with the soaked bread.
- Bake for 40 mi, until the bread is just golden and slightly crisp on the top.
- Once the pan has cooled, flip it over onto a serving platter.
- Top with whipped cream is desired.