If you don’t like chili, there is something wrong with you.
Veggies…good, beans..good, meat..GOOD! ( That’s a Friends joke. If you don’t like chili or Friends, just leave.)
My friend Christine Aluia makes the most incredible chili using 101 North Brewing Company’s Naughty Aud Imperial Stout. Christine is the event coordinator for the Sonoma County Home Brewers Competition. The SCHB invite craft beer enthusiast to try their hand at brewing at this annual event. Each year, the winners get to brew their beer commercially with the help of 101 North Brewing Company’s brewmaster, Joel Johnson. This year’s competition will be at the Sonoma-Marin on Oct 7th, 2017. To learn more about the events visit Petaluma Downtown.
Want to try Christine’s recipe? Here it is:
NAUGHTY AUD CHILI
FANTASTIC HOMEMADE CHILI RECIPE WITH MY FAVORITE IMPERIAL STOUT BEER FROM 101 NORTH BREWERY. ENJOY!
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound Applewood smoked bacon – cut into small pieces
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 Tb Spice Queen BBQ rub (or other favorite bbq rub season mix)
- 2 Tb chili powder
- 1 Tb cumin
- 1 Tb paprika
- 1 ts cayenne
- 1 14oz can red kidney beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 14oz. can black beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 24oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 24oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 22oz. bottle of 101 NORTH NAUGHTYAUD IMPERIAL STOUT for chili, and the rest for the cook!
~In a dutch oven, cook up beef and pork until lightly pink. Drain and set aside.
~Cook diced bacon in the same dutch oven on medium heat. When bacon is close to done, add onion, bell pepper, poblano and cook until softened.
~Add garlic, bbq rub, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne.
~Add in beef/pork to bacon mix. Add in all beans, all tomatoes with juice, and 101 North Naughty Aud Imperial Stout.
~Cover and simmer for 2 hours stirring every 20 minutes or so.
Taste to salt n pepper. Serve with sour cream & shredded sharp cheddar.